Marine finfish aquaculture licence under the Fisheries Act - Appendix V-D: Use of therapeutants, pest control products and anaesthetics
This webpage is intended for informational purposes only.
Records of the use of all therapeutants, pest control products and anaesthetics shall include the following:
- the facility reference number and the name of licence holder;
- the species of finfish cultivated at the facility;
- the name of the prescribing veterinarian;
- a log naming all therapeutants, pest control products and anaesthetics administered and when;
- how therapeutants and pest control products were administered and the dosage;
- the therapeutic schedule including the date treatment commenced;
- the final date of treatment or anaesthesia;
- the veterinarian's name and signature responsible for each therapeutant, pest control product and anaesthetic used;
- the detailed records of in-feed medication or pest control product administered;
- with the exception of source hatchery records (to be held at head office), traceability records and copies of previous medication from smolt entry facilities shall accompany all fish groups both within and off-site, and shall include:
- therapeutant records of the previous 90 days;
- anaesthetic records for the previous 21 days;
- pest control product records for the previous 21 days.
- any accidental mixing of treated fish and non-treated fish must be recorded; thereafter the mixed group will be considered tainted until the withdrawal period is reached.
- Date modified: