Shellfish aquaculture licence under the Fisheries Act - Appendix I: Elements of a shellfish aquaculture site management plan
Information provided as part of the Shellfish Aquaculture Site Management Plan (the management plan for the licensed area) will, at a minimum, include the following elements:
- Licence holder(s) and contact information
- Location and legal description of the site, including map(s)
- Culture Species
- Type of culture conducted at the site i.e. intertidal, subtidal on/in bottom, deepwater suspended, nursery operation
- Culture gear and physical structures details including rafts, longlines, predator nets, etc. and the amount and placement of gear and structures
- Licence area layout, structures, boundary marking where applicable, as outlined in the Provincial/Federal Pacific Aquaculture Application
- Maximum estimated production of cultured fish by species from this site per year (in metric tonnes).
A shellfish site management plan template, as part of the Provincial/Federal Pacific Aquaculture Application may be obtained from FrontCounter BC by the following means:
- In Person: Any FrontCounter BC office.
- Visit email@example.com for the location nearest you.
- By Mail: FrontCounter BC, 2080a Labieux Road, Nanaimo, BC V9T 6J9
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: