Aboriginal consultation and accommodation
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) has a broad mandate, with the authority to regulate and enforce activities, develop policy, provide services and manage programs. To help ensure that the department's policies and programs are aligned with its vision and effectively address the interests and preferences of Canadians, DFO supports consultations that are transparent, accessible and accountable.
Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Pacific Region, undertakes consultations in order to improve departmental decision-making processes, promote understanding of fisheries, oceans and marine transport issues, and strengthen relationships. Policy guidance and strategic direction for public consultation activity is provided by the Consultation Secretariat in the Policy Branch.
- Consultation on proposed 2018-2022 Integrated Fisheries Management Plan for Euphausiids
- Consultations on the potential listing of Bocaccio as Endangered under the Species at Risk Act
- Wild Salmon Policy Consultations
Recently concluded consultations
- Aug. 30 to Nov. 30, 2016: Consultations on the potential listing of the Central Pacific Coast population of Eulachon under the Species at Risk Act
- Aug. 30 to Nov. 30, 2016: Consultations on the potential listing of the Fraser River population of Eulachon under the Species at Risk Act
- 2016 Regional Consultation on the Draft Action Plan and amended Recovery Strategy for the Transient (Bigg’s) Killer Whale in Canada
- Date modified: