Prawn Fishery - Pacific Region
Integrated Fisheries Management Plans
Overview of the Fishery
- Prawns spawn! Expect a variety of prawn life stages every season!
- Recreational prawn fishing. What to expect?
- Prawn and Shrimp by Trap Consultations
- Recreational Shellfish Harvesting Opportunities in Saltwater
- Recreational Prawn and Shrimp Closures
- Commercial Prawn and Shrimp Openings and Closures can be found in the Fishery Notice system. Note: the commercial prawn fishery opens annually no earlier than May 1 and generally runs to the end of June
- Research documents and stock status reports - Scientific papers and short resource status papers, available through the Department's Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat (CSAS) site
Lead Resource Manager, Prawn and shrimp by trap
PBS Marine Ecosystems and Aquaculture Division
Logbook Program, Shellfish Data Co-ordinator
For other prawn and shrimp by trap fishery departmental contacts, please consult the Shellfish Contacts page.
- Date modified: