2017 Area B seine & area H troll salmon fishing hail requirements
Download the PDF version of this 2017 Area B seine & area H troll salmon fishing hail requirements.
These requirements are intended for general purposes only. Where there is a discrepancy between the hail requirements and the licence conditions, the 2017/2018 Salmon Area B Seine Licence Conditions or the 2017/2018 Salmon Area H Troll Licence Conditions are the final authority.
Catch reporting requirements
Registration: Vessel masters are encouraged to register their FIN and harvest log number by calling 1-877-280-3474 to facilitate the daily reporting process. Vessels with operational E-logs are not required to call, however data must be submitted electronically as per conditions of licence.
- Start fishing report: Vessel masters must, prior to beginning fishing on a fishing trip, phone Archipelago Marine Research (AMR) 1-888-387-0007 and provide a Start Fishing Report. The operator will provide the vessel master with a confirmation number to record in the harvest log.
- Daily catch report:
- Quota Fishery- Prior to 08:00 h following a day in which fishing occurred, or prior to landing catch from that fishery (whichever comes first) OR
- Non-quota Fishery- Within 48 hours of stopping fishing or within two hours of
completing landing of catch from that fishery (whichever comes first)
the vessel master must record their catch information in their harvest log and report their catch by calling AMR 1-888-387-0007. The operator will provide the vessel master with a confirmation number to record in the harvest log.
- Offload Catch Report: In a non-quota fishery, the vessel master shall phone AMR 1-888- 387-0007 within 48 hours of stopping fishing, or within two hours of completing landing to provide an Offload Catch Report
- End Fishing Report: Not later than 24 hours following the end of a fishing trip and prior to commencing a subsequent fishing trip, the vessel master shall phone AMR 1-888-387-0007 to provide an End Fishing Report
- Cancel Trip Report: If no fishing occurs on a planned fishing trip for which a Trip Identification Number was obtained the vessel master shall phone AMR 1-888-387-0007 to provide a Trip Cancellation Report
- Transhipping: All vessels are required to document in the Offload Catch Report section of the harvest log or E-log, when fish has been pooled (transhipped) onto another vessel or vessels
Catch validation requirements (2017 Fraser River Sockeye only)
It is recommended that Licence holders register with J.O. Thomas and Associates - J.O. Thomas 1-866-930-4000 in advance of the fishery to confirm participation.
Prior to any dockside landing of fish, the vessel master shall phone J.O. Thomas at 1-866-930-4000 between 06:00 h and 18:00 h seven days per week (as much notice as possible should be given in order for arrangements to be made for a landing observer to be present) and provide the following information:
- vessel name
- vessel registration number
- name and Fisher Identification Number of the vessel master
- contact phone number
- date, time, port and location of landing of the fish
- name of fish buying station where fish are to be landed
- product type
- estimated number of pieces by species and
- Area(s) fished
All salmon shall be landed at one of the following locations: Campbell River, Comox (Area H only), French Creek, Greater Vancouver, Port Hardy, Port McNeill, Port Renfrew (Area B only), Kelsey Bay (Area H only), Nanaimo (Area H only), Prince Rupert (Area H only) or Quadra Island.
- Date modified: