Request for temporary reallocation of pink ITQ holdings
Download the PDF version of this Request for temporary reallocation of pink ITQ holdings.
When completed email to Rachel Saraga at: Rachel.Saraga@dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Part A: Identify vessels
| (F)AT Area H or (F)AS Area B
| (F)AT Area H or (F)AS Area B
The licence amendment will only be sent to the noted contact vessel owner, licence eligibility holder (Category F licence) or authorized signatory of record. Indicate in Part D where/who you want the licence amendment sent to.
Part B: Identify uncaught pink holdings to be reallocated
Quota (%) (Pink Season): __________ (quota) check to transfer entire season
or Amount (pieces) : _________
Note: The pieces held by the licence are dependant on the Fraser River pink TAC as determined by DFO and is subject to change inseason.
Please provide a contact name and number for this request:
Part C: Signature and acknowledgement
For temporary reallocations of pink quota, only one of the following eligible parties is required to sign unless otherwise stated: vessel owner, licence eligibility holder or authorized signatory
I confirm that I am either, the true owner or authorized signatory of the AT or AS licensed vessel M/V _________ (Print Name of Vessel) OR, I am the true licence eligibility holder or authorized signatory of the FAT or FAS licence designated to the M/V _________ (Print Name of Vessel), and request that the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans Canada reallocate the pink ITQ as specified in Part B as specified in Part A. I also request that the amendment to the Conditions of Licence for Salmon Area H or B be emailed to contact information specified in Part D.
I understand and acknowledge that the allocations and reallocations are at the absolute discretion of the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans.
Print Licence Eligibility Holder (Company/Band/Vessel Owner):
Signature of Authorized Signatory OR Vessel Owner:
Part D: How do you want to receive your amendment and confirmation
“From” (see Part A) Email:
“To” (see Part A) Email:
Request for "temporary" reallocation of pink ITQ holdings guidelines for (F)AT area H and (F)AS area B licensed salmon vessels
This form must be completed if you wish to transfer all or a portion of your Fraser River pink holdings to another Area H or Area B vessel.
- BOTH vessels must have a valid (F)AT Area H or (F)AS Area B licence and all licence fees must be paid prior to the reallocation of any pink holdings
- For temporary pink reallocations, only one owner of record or authorized signatory of the licence eligibility holder is required to sign unless otherwise stated. If the vessel owner is a company, the Pacific Fishery Licence Unit must have on record a copy of either a confirmation of Signing Authorities or an Amendment to confirmation of Signing Authorities form advising who the signing authorities for the company are
- A valid licence amendment must be on record with the Department while the vessel is engaged in fishing
- Upon application, licence eligibility holders will be permitted to make unlimited temporary reallocations of pink ITQ
- Pink ITQ may only be transferred between Area H and/or Area B vessels (e.g. Area H to Area H, Area B to Area B, Area H to Area B and Area B to Area H)
- Only uncaught pink ITQ may be reallocated. Sufficient quota share (%) must be retained to balance all catch to date
- Reallocations of pink ITQ for the season will be expressed as a percentage. Pink ITQ may also be transferred in pieces and will not affect the quota share
- To transfer the entire Area H quota, the percentage transferred is 0.12987% of the TAC (10.0% ÷ 77). The 10.0% is Area H’s allocation of Fraser River pink salmon
- To transfer the entire Area B quota, the percentage transferred is 0.49107% of the TAC (82.5% ÷ 168). The 82.5% is Area B’s allocation of Fraser River pink salmon
- Temporary reallocations will be for the current year only
- Date modified: