Slope rockfish are generally found in the deeper waters of the continental shelf and down the continental slope.
Slope rockfish species assessed at the Pacific Biological Station include:
- Pacific ocean perch (Sebastes alutus)
- Yellowmouth rockfish (Sebastes reedi)
- Redstripe rockfish (Sebastes proriger)
- Rougheye rockfish (Sebastes aleutianus)
- Shortraker rockfish (Sebastes borealis)
- Shortspine thornyhead (Sebastolobus alascanus)
- Longspine thornyhead (Sebastolobus altivelis)
The stock status reports for these species are available from the PSARC website.
Slope Rockfish Team
- Date modified: