Herring Geographical Bulletin - Site Map
What are you looking for?
- Main Menu
- Table of contents and starting point for searches.
- Publication: Spawning Areas of BC (Hay et al.)
- Navigation Assistance
- Search Map
-> Region -> Statistical area -> Section -> Location
- Maps and graphs that summarize herring spawning distributions, updated annually
(Source: DFO herring spawn database 1928+).
- Location Finder (spawn sites in alphabetical order)
- Herring Eggs
- Herring Embryos
- Herring Embryo Hatching
- Cumulative spawn maps (bubble plot maps)
- Maps of herring spawn summed from 1928 to the current year, updated annually
(Source: DFO herring spawn database).
- B.C. Overview Maps - Northern and Southern B.C.
- Cumulative Spawn Tables:
- Time-Series Maps (moving, bubble plot maps)
- BC overview maps that summarize herring catch distributions in relation to herring spawning areas, updated annually (Source: DFO catch and spawn databases 1888+).
- Composite Spawn Maps (overlaid polygons)
- Arcview digitized maps of several thousand herring spawning beds surveyed from 1930 to 2002. Overlaid polygons of spawning beds in separately digitized shape files for each year (Source: DFO herring archives).
- Statistical Tables (year-by-year trends)
- Statistical tables of herring spawn data (1940+) and catch data (1888+) pooled at four geographical scales and cross-referenced with weighted mean, same day, surface seawater temperatures (SST) from nearest lighthouse stations (Source: DFO herring Access databases and DFO oceanographic data).
- Stock Assessments (catch and spawner trends)
- Line graphs showing trends in the abundance of herring spawners (t) and catches (t) over a 70-year time series at four geographical scales (entire BC coast, six regions, 29 statistical areas and 101 herring sections).
- Figure Captions (for 101 herring section
- Catches and Spawners in:
- Where did tagged herring go?
- Maps that show herring tag release and recovery sites with straight line connectors.
- Where did tagged herring come from?
- Maps that show all herring tag release locations (from 1936 to 1991) for each chosen recovery region, recovery statistical area or recovery location.
- Age-Compositions & Spawning Timing Plots
- Age-compositions graphs in video format of five stock assessment regions (1972+). Seasonal, spawn timing plots for each region and 101 herring sections over a 64 year period (Source: DFO herring bio-sampling and spawn databases).
- Ichthyoplankton Surveys (larval fish, dispersal maps)
- Larval rearing areas of Pacific herring and other pelagic fish larvae (Source: DFO icthyoplankton database 1985+).
- Herring - Strait of Georgia larval surveys
- Hake/Pollock - Strait of Georgia larval surveys
- Eulachon - Fraser River egg/larval surveys
- The Pacific Decadal Oscillation and juvenile growth and abundance.
- Several on-line publications explaining methods, analyses and results (CSA research documents, DFO technical and manuscript reports).
- CSA = Centre for Science Advice - Pacific Region
- DFO = Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Date modified: