Shellfish and invertebrates
The entire coast of British Columbia is CLOSED to the harvest of abalone due to serious conservation concerns. Help stop the illegal harvest and sale of abalone - report violations to 1-800-465-4336.
The shellfish management team is responsible for managing 25 different invertebrate species on the Pacific coast. Shellfish fisheries include clams, shrimp, prawns, geoducks, sea cucumbers, crabs, krill, scallops and sea urchins.
- Current shellfish integrated fish management plans (IFMPs)
- Shellfish consultation meetings
- Research documents and stock status reports - Scientific papers and short resource status papers, available through DFO's Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat (CSAS) site
- Shellfish aquaculture licensing
- Shellfish contamination closures
- Date modified: