Shellfish and invertebrates
The entire coast of British Columbia is CLOSED to the harvest of abalone due to serious conservation concerns. Help stop the illegal harvest and sale of abalone - report violations to 1-800-465-4336.
The shellfish management team is responsible for managing 25 different invertebrate species on the Pacific coast. Shellfish fisheries include clams, shrimp, prawns, geoducks, sea cucumbers, crabs, krill, scallops and sea urchins.
- Shellfish safety tips
- Shellfish aquaculture licensing
- Shellfish consultation meetings
- Shellfish contamination closures
- Sportfishers! The catch limit for prawns is 125 per day.
- Current shellfish integrated fish management plans (IFMPs)
- Research documents and stock status reports - Scientific papers and short resource status papers, available through DFO's Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat (CSAS) site
- Date modified: