Fishing Licences - Pacific Region
Looking for a Sport Fishing Licence?
B.C. Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licence for saltwater fishing
Non-Tidal Angling Licence for freshwater fishing
Please note: The Yukon Salmon Conservation Catch Card is not yet available online. See the Yukon Salmon Conservation Catch Card webpage for additional information about obtaining a Catch Card.
Service delivery changes at Fisheries and Oceans Canada in 2013
National Online Licensing System (NOLS)
Pacific Fishery Licence Unit Contact Information
Counter service closures are now in effect for the Vancouver, Nanaimo and Prince Rupert Pacific Fishery Licence Units. Until further notice, existing Fisheries and Oceans Canada field offices will remain open to allow the following applicants, who have not received a DFO passcode, to obtain a Fisher Registration Card (FRC):
- New entrants, or
- Fish harvesters who did not hold a 2012 Fisher Registration Card (FRC)
Please be sure to contact the applicable field office prior to arriving to verify business hours, as some field offices may have condensed office hours.
For further licensing inquiries, please contact us:
Phone (toll-free): 1-877-535-7307
Licence Issuance Application Forms
Please contact the Department of Fisheries and Oceans through one of the three options below to obtain a copy of a licence renewal application and/or any applicable forms not found under Additional Licensing Services Forms.
Note: once the “request” feature is available through the National Online Licensing System (NOLS) in late summer/fall 2013, requests will need to be submitted through the system.
- Option 1: Telephone: 1-877-535-7307
Please be ready to identify your region, your name, vessel name (where applicable) and the type of application form you require and your licence number.
- Option 2: Fax: 604-666-5855
Please be sure to attach a cover sheet with the header: ‘Pacific Region – Your Name – Vessel Name (where applicable) - Type of Request – Licence Number ‘ (e.g. Pacific – John Smith – MV The Vessel – Halibut Renewal Application – L 567)
- Option 3: Email:
Please be sure to attach a subject line in the email indicating ‘Pacific Region – Your Name – Vessel Name (where applicable) - Type of Request – Licence Number’ (e.g. Pacific – John Smith – MV The Vessel – Halibut Renewal Application – L 567)
Note: Licence renewal and payment of fees is mandatory on a yearly basis in order to retain the privilege to be issued the licence. Failure to renew annually will result in the licence eligibility to cease and the Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) being unable to consider an application for licence issuance in future.
- Aquaculture Licencing
- Commercial Fishing
- Sport Fishing/Recreational Licencing Information
- Scientific Licences for Marine Fish Research
- Yukon: Salmon Conservation Catch Card
Because of formatting constraints, these materials can only be provided in PDF format which you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open. If you have trouble accessing these documents please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initial Quota Allocation and Licence Fees:
- Category L, Commercial Halibut
- Category K, Commercial Sablefish
- Category T, Commercial Groundfish Trawl
- Category ZN, Commercial Rockfish Outside
- Category ZN, Commercial Rockfish Inside
- Schedule II/Category C, Commercial Lingcod
- Schedule II/Category C, Commercial Dogfish
Commercial Licence Updates
- Commercial Fishing Vessel Directory Updated daily - lists all vessels with current commercial licences
- Individual Vessel Information Updated daily - lists all commercial licences associated with a selected vessel
- Licence Listing by Fishery Updated daily - lists the current licences for a selected fishery
- 2014 Canadian Albacore Tuna USA68 Authorized Vessels
- Pacific Region Licence Appeal Board (PRLAB) Information
Additional Licensing Services Forms
Application forms for 2011-2012 fishing season are now filed in the Archives.
- Application for Licence Designation/Authorization (Yukon/Transboundary)
- Commercial salmon Area A licensing documents (PDF format)
- Letter: Reporting Requirements for Salmon Area A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H Licence Holders
- Letter: Catch Reporting in the Pacific Region for 2012/2013
- Area A Activity and Catch Reporting Requirements
- 2012 Area A Sn ITQ Temporary Reallocation for Long Term
- 2012 Area A Sn ITQ Temporary Reallocation for Short Term
- 2012 Area A Sn ITQ Temporary Designation of Amendment Authority
- Management Area 4 Skeena River Sockeye Seine ITQ Fishery Management Plan
- Licence Application and Authorization for Port Activity and Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) Entry by a Foreign Vessel [PDF]
- Application forms for Tuna harvesters
- Application for a Licence to Fish for Shellfish in a Contaminated Area [PDF]
- Amendment Request for Contaminated Shellfish Harvest Licence [PDF]
- Application for Commercial Vessel Registration [PDF]
- Application to Replace a Commercial Vessel [PDF]
- Nomination for Roe Herring Licence Eligibility [PDF]
- Nomination for Category Z Licence Eligibility [PDF]
- Application for Vessel Redesignation [PDF]
- 2013 (ZM) Food and Bait Herring Lottery Application [PDF]
- Date modified: