News and Highlights
- Recreational harvesters fined $6,500 for fishing near Whytecliffe Park
January 05, 2017
- Government of Canada announces concrete action on marine conservation
December 3, 2016
- Vancouver Island Salmon Harvester Fined $3,000 David Charles Kaufman Pleads Guilty to Fisheries Act Violations
November 24, 2016
- Commercial groundfish harvester fined $10,000 for illegal fishing - Ian Jeffrey Garnier found guilty of violations of the Fisheries Act
November 23, 2016
- Canada’s Oceans Protection Plan: What it means for Canada’s regions
November 7, 2016
Be Whale Wise - Marine Wildlife Guidelines for Boaters, Paddlers and Viewers
Seeing killer whales and other marine wildlife in their natural environment can be a thrilling experience. In our excitement, we sometimes forget that our presence has an effect on wildlife and their habitat.
Did you know?
The Pacific Region includes the province of British Columbia and the transboundary northern rivers of the Yukon. It encompasses more than 27,000 kilometres of coastline and 105 river systems. Fisheries and Oceans Canada is responsible for management and protection of marine resources on the Canadian west coast in addition to inland salmon fisheries.
- Date modified: