News and Highlights
- Campbell River fishing guide fined $3,500 for over-possession of crab and making false statements to a fishery officer
April 19, 2017
- Canada steps up efforts to ensure the recovery of Northern and Southern Resident Killer Whales
March 13, 2017
- Government of Canada is taking concrete actions to protect Canada’s Pacific Coast
February 17, 2017
- Protecting Jurassic Period Glass Sponge Reefs: another step towards Canada’s marine conservation target
February 16, 2017
- Enhanced environmental response under the Oceans Protection Plan
February 15, 2017
Be Whale Wise - Marine Wildlife Guidelines for Boaters, Paddlers and Viewers
Seeing killer whales and other marine wildlife in their natural environment can be a thrilling experience. In our excitement, we sometimes forget that our presence has an effect on wildlife and their habitat.
Did you know?
The Pacific Region includes the province of British Columbia and the transboundary northern rivers of the Yukon. It encompasses more than 27,000 kilometres of coastline and 105 river systems. Fisheries and Oceans Canada is responsible for management and protection of marine resources on the Canadian west coast in addition to inland salmon fisheries.
- Date modified: