Okanagan (Region 8)
This table refers to fishing for salmon only. For information on other species please refer to the B.C. Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis.
There is no fishing for salmon in Region 8 except for the opportunities listed in the table below.
- There is a monthly limit of 4 chinook in Region 8.
- Fishing for salmon in Region 8 is during daylight hours only.
- All retained chinook must measure 30 cm or more from tip of nose to fork in tail (fork length).
- An "adult chinook" in Region 8 is defined as a chinook being over 50 cm (fork length).
- No fishing is allowed within 100 meters of any government facility operated for counting, passing or rearing fish.
Salmon Limits, Openings and Closures
|Mabel lake||South of WTBF signs located on opposite shores approx. 1 km from Wap Creek.||Chinook||July 25 to Aug 15||1 per day, must be over 77 cm|
|Aug 16 to Sept 12||4 per day, only 2 over 50 cm|
|Shuswap River||50 meters upstream of the Trinity Valley Road Bridge to 50 m downstream of the Trinity Valley Road Bridge||All||June 15 to Nov. 15.||Closed to fishing|
|(middle) between Shuswap Falls and Mabel Lake except closed from the water survey station ( located at 50°19.105' N and 118°48.857' W) approximately 200m down stream of Shuswap Falls Hatchery to WTFB signs (located at 50°18.181' N and 118°49.105' W) one km down stream.||Chinook||July 25 to Aug 15||1 per day, must be over 77 cm|
|(lower) upstream from white triangular fishing boundary signs above Mara Bridge to Mabel Lake.||Chinook||July 25 to Aug 15||1 per day, must be over 77 cm|
|Aug 16 to Sep 12||4 per day, only 2 over 50 cm|
- Date modified: