Our mandate is to implement Canada's Oceans Strategy, developed in accordance with the Oceans Act, using integrated oceans management and marine conservation tools.
We use a modern and coordinated approach to manage the impact of human activities on Canada's oceans in a sustainable manner, creating a balance between protecting marine ecosystems and maintaining a prosperous economy.
- Oceans Protection Plan
- SGaan Kinghlas-Bowie Seamount Marine Protected Area (MPA)
- Endeavour Hydrothermal Vents Marine Protected Area (MPA)
- Hecate Strait / Queen Charlotte Sound Glass Sponge Reefs Marine Protected Area (MPA)
- Offshore Pacific Area of Interest (AOI)
- Pacific North Coast Integrated Management Area (PNCIMA)
- Date modified: