- Wild Pacific Salmon get a boost with new Salmon Restoration and Innovation Fund for the province of British Columbia
November 30, 2018
- Government of Canada taking further action to protect Southern Resident Killer Whales
October 31, 2018
- Minister Wilkinson launches International Year of the Salmon with announcements to protect Pacific wild salmon
October 11, 2018
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada launches assessment to examine the risk of Piscine Reovirus transfer from farmed Atlantic salmon aquaculture
September 25, 2018
- Recreational rockfish harvesters fined total of $15,000 for overfishing near Egmont on BC’s Sunshine Coast
September 19, 2018
Did you know?
The Pacific Region includes the province of British Columbia and the transboundary northern rivers of the Yukon. It encompasses more than 27,000 kilometres of coastline and 105 river systems. Fisheries and Oceans Canada is responsible for management and protection of marine resources on the Canadian west coast in addition to inland salmon fisheries.
- Date modified: