Fisheries and Oceans Canada in the Pacific Region
Our main activities in BC and the Yukon are the management of fisheries, sustainable aquaculture, and federally owned small craft harbours; science and research; and the conservation and protection of Canada's aquatic wildlife and ecosystems.
- Statement by Minister Lebouthillier on World Fisheries Day
2023-11-21 – News release
- Canadian Coast Guard marks the ship consolidation milestone of the Offshore Oceanographic Science Vessel, critical to advancing ocean science in Canada
2023-11-15 – News release
- First Canadian-Led High Seas Mission to Fight Illegal Fishing in the North Pacific Finds over 3000 Shark Fins
2023-10-12 – News release
Services and information
Fisheries opening and closures, licensing, shellfish contamination, management plans, catch statistics
Reconciliation, long term fisheries arrangements, fisheries programs and funding opportunities
Ocean sciences and climate change adaptation, environmental science, research centres and shared data
BC aquaculture regulatory program, licensing, aquaculture sites and maps
Aquatic species at risk, recovery planning, habitat protection
Hatcheries, spawning channels, resource restoration, community advisors
Measures to protect fish and fish habitat, projects near water, standards and codes of practice
Harbour authorities, abandoned boats and wrecks, map of harbours
Observe, record, report a fisheries violation
Resources and lesson plans, educational coordinators
Learn about funding opportunities available to people and organizations based out of British Columbia or the Yukon
What we are doing
- State of the Pacific Ocean reports
- Salmon stock assessment and research
- Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat (CSAS) reports
Protecting Southern Resident killer whales
Southern Resident killer whales are critically endangered. Learn about what we are doing to help them.
We are working to ensure healthy, diverse salmon populations.
Learn about marine conservation targets, bioregions and protected areas.
- Date modified: