Non-Commercial Fishing Licence Information - Pacific Region
- Aboriginal Communal Fishing Licences
- Scientific and special
- Pacific Fishery Licence Unit Contact Information
- B.C. Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licence for saltwater fishing
- BC Non-Tidal Angling Licence for freshwater fishing (Province of British Columbia)
- Yukon Salmon Conservation Catch Card
- Freshwater Fishing (Yukon)
- Halibut Experimental Recreational Fishery to allow the licence holder to lease halibut quota from the commercial sector for use in the recreational fishery.
To provide for the harvest of fish for food, social or ceremonial (FSC) purposes and related activities, the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans issues communal fishing licences under the Aboriginal Communal Fishing Licences Regulations to Aboriginal groups. Communal fishing licences may specify fishing area, times, species, allocations, methods or other restrictions.
Only an individual who has been designated by an Aboriginal group may harvest fish for FSC purposes under the terms of the Aboriginal group's communal fishing licence.
AFS agreements contain other information related to the management of FSC fisheries and the issuance of communal fishing licences.
Aquaculture Licensing in BC
While licences for aquaculture operations in B.C. are now issued by Fisheries and Oceans Canada, the provincial government and other federal departments continue to play a role in the licensing process. Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Transport Canada and the Province of B.C. have joined together to develop a single harmonized aquaculture application. The required forms for new sites, or amendments to existing sites for freshwater, shellfish or marine finfish aquaculture operations are available through FrontCounterBC or by calling toll free 1-877-855-3222.
- Scientific Licences for Marine Fish Research (marine, freshwater or Management of Contaminated Fisheries Regulations [MCFR])
- SARA permits
Pacific Fishery Licence Unit Contact Information
Note: All licensing requests must now be submitted through the National Online Licensing System (NOLS)
For further licensing inquiries, please contact us:
Phone (toll-free): 1-877-535-7307
- Date modified: