Region 3 - Thompson-Nicola
This table refers to fishing for salmon only. For information on other species please refer to the B.C. Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis.
There is no fishing for salmon in Region 3 except for the opportunities listed in the table below.
- Fishing for salmon in Region 3 is during daylight hours only.
- All retained chinook and sockeye must measure 30 cm or more from tip of nose to fork in tail.
- An “adult chinook” in Region 3 is defined as being a chinook over 50 cm in size.
|Bridge River||downstream from Road 40 bridge to the confluence of the Fraser R. (see also Fraser R. opportunity).||Chinook||Closed||No fishing for salmon FN0504|
|Clearwater River||from Clearwater Lake downstream to the confluence of the North Thompson River (except CLOSED from Murtle River downstream to 35 km post from Aug 16-31 to protect Mahood R. chinook).||All||Closed||No fishing for salmon FN0504|
|Fraser River||mainstem of the Fraser R. in Region 3||All||Aug 27, 2013 until further notice||No fishing for salmon FN0797|
|Kamloops Lake||Chinook||Aug 31 - Sept 22, 2013||4 per day, 1 over 50cm. FN0808|
|Little Shuswap Lake - see South Thompson River|
|North Thompson River||downstream of Station Road Bridge in Clearwater to the Ferry crossing at Little Fort.||All||Until further notice||No fishing for salmon FN0504|
|South Thompson River||from the green can buoy near outlet of Little River, including Little Shuswap Lake, to the fishing boundary sign approximately 100 m downstream of Campbell Creek.||Chinook||Aug 16-Sep 22||4 per day, only 2 over 50 cm. The monthly limit is 6 over 50 cm.|
|Thompson River||All waters - see exceptions below||All||Aug 22, 2013 until further notice||No fishing for salmon FN0767|
|Kamloops Lake outlet down stream to the fishing boundary signs just down
stream of Gold Pan Provincial Park except closed in the following three (3)
1) Deadman – from the fishing boundary signs approximately 1 km downstream of the Hwy # 1 bridge at Savona to the CN rail bridge approximately 500 m downstream of the confluence with Deadman Creek.
2) Juniper –from the fishing boundary signs approx 1.5 km downstream from Juniper Beach park downstream approximately 4 km to the fishing boundary signs located at 50°46.893’ N and 121°08.110’ W.
3) Ashcroft – from the fishing boundary sign at the up stream side of the mouth of the Bonaparte River to Hwy 97C bridge in Ashcroft
|Chinook||Sep 6 - Sep 30, 2013||4 per day, 1 over 50 cm FN0913|
|Pink||Sep 6 - Sep 30, 2013||4 per day FN0913|
|downstream of Gold Pan Provincial Park to the confluence of the Fraser River||Chinook||Sep 6 - Sep 30, 2013||4 per day, none over 50 cm FN0913|
- Date modified: