Area 29 - Fraser River Salmon Limits
The tidal portion of the Fraser River includes:
- Fraser River downstream of the CPR bridge at Mission to a line drawn from a fishing boundary sign near the entrance to Canoe Passage
- then to a fishing boundary sign on Westham Island
- then following the westerly shoreline of Westham Island and Reifel Island to Pelly Point on Reifel Island
- then to Garry Point on Lulu Island
- then following the westerly shoreline of that island to the most northwesterly point of Lulu Island
- then to the most southwesterly point of Sea Island
- then following the westerly shoreline of that island to the Iona Island Road Causeway
- then following that causeway and continuing in a straight line in a northerly direction to a fishing boundary sign on the north shore of Iona Island
- then in a straight line in a northerly direction to a fishing boundary sign on the mainland.
- It also includes those waters of the Pitt River downstream of the CPR Bridge.
It is prohibited to use more than one line when sport fishing in the tidal waters of the Fraser River. While only one line per angler may be used, gear designed to catch a maximum of two fish at one time (bar rig) is permitted in this area, provided that two single barbless hooks are being used.
Salmon Limits, Openings & Closures
- Combined daily limit for all salmon species from all waters: 4
- Coastwide daily limit for chinook: 2
- From January 1 to July 15 there is no fishing for salmon
- From July 16 to July 26, 2013 there is no fishing for salmon
|Species||Subarea||Min Size||Daily Limit||Possession Limit||Annual Limit||Season||Gear|
|Pink||30 cm||4||8||N/A||Aug 30-Dec 31||Barbless hook and line|
|Chum||30 cm||4||8||N/A||Aug 30-Dec 31||Barbless hook and line|
|Chinook||30 cm||4 per day, only one over 62cm||8||15||Sep 1-Dec 31||Barbless hook and line|
|Coho||30 cm||2 hatchery marked coho per day.||4||N/A||October 5 - December 31, 2013||Barbless hook and line|
- Until August 31, 2013: 4 chinook per day, wild or hatchery-marked, 1 can be greater than 50 cm.
- September 1 - December 31, 2013: 4 per day, wild or hatchery marked, 1 can be greater than 62 cm.
- No retention of coho until October 4, 2013. The use of bait and fishing for coho is prohibited September 3 - October 4, 2013.
- October 5 - December 31, 2013: 2 hatchery-marked coho.
- Pink: Until December 31, 2013: 4 pink salmon per day. Minimum size 30 cm.
- Chum: Until December 31, 2013: 4 chum salmon per day. Minimum size 30 cm.
- Sockeye: No fishing for sockeye until further notice.
- Date Modified: