Area 29 - Fraser River Salmon Limits
The tidal portion of the Fraser River includes:
- Fraser River downstream of the CPR bridge at Mission to a line drawn from a fishing boundary sign near the entrance to Canoe Passage
- then to a fishing boundary sign on Westham Island
- then following the westerly shoreline of Westham Island and Reifel Island to Pelly Point on Reifel Island
- then to Garry Point on Lulu Island
- then following the westerly shoreline of that island to the most northwesterly point of Lulu Island
- then to the most southwesterly point of Sea Island
- then following the westerly shoreline of that island to the Iona Island Road Causeway
- then following that causeway and continuing in a straight line in a northerly direction to a fishing boundary sign on the north shore of Iona Island
- then in a straight line in a northerly direction to a fishing boundary sign on the mainland.
- It also includes those waters of the Pitt River downstream of the CPR Bridge.
It is prohibited to use more than one line when sport fishing in the tidal waters of the Fraser River. While only one line per angler may be used, gear designed to catch a maximum of two fish at one time (bar rig) is permitted in this area, provided that two single barbless hooks are being used.
Salmon Limits, Openings & Closures
- Combined daily limit for all salmon species from all waters: 4
- Coastwide daily limit for chinook: 2
- From January 1 to July 15 there is no fishing for salmon
|Species||Subarea||Min Size||Daily Limit||Possession Limit||Annual Limit||Season||Gear|
|Pink||30 cm||4||8||N/A||July 16 - Dec. 31, 2014||Barbless hook and line|
|Chum||30 cm||4||8||N/A||July 16 - Dec. 31, 2014||Barbless hook and line|
|Chinook||30 cm||See below||See below||15||See below||Barbless hook and line|
|Coho||30 cm||See below||See below||N/A||See below||Barbless hook and line|
|Sockeye||30 cm||See below||See below||N/A||See below||Barbless hook and line|
- Until July 15, 2014: no fishing for salmon.
- July 16 - July 27, 2014: daily limit of 1 chinook salmon, wild or hatchery marked, between 30 and 77 cm.
- July 28 - Aug. 31, 2014: daily limit of 4 chinook salmon, wild or hatchery marked, only 1 may be greater than 50 cm.
- Sept. 1 - Dec. 31, 2014: daily limit of 4 chinook salmon, wild or hatchery marked, only one may be greater than 62 cm.
- September 2 - October 03, 2014: no fishing for coho.
- October 4 - December 31, 2014: 2 hatchery-marked coho.
August 3, 2014 until further notice: daily limit of 4 sockeye in those waters open to salmon fishing in:
- Subareas 29-6, 29-7, 29-9,
29-10 and 29-11 to 29-17 (Mouth of Fraser River upstream to Mission).
Note: no sockeye retention in waters of the Fraser River in Region 2 (non-tidal Fraser River).
Note: no sockeye retention in Subarea 29-8 (Boundary Bay).
- September 2 - October 03, 2014: bait ban in effect.
- Date Modified: