Area 29 - Fraser River Salmon Limits
The tidal portion of the Fraser River includes:
- Fraser River downstream of the CPR bridge at Mission to a line drawn from a fishing boundary sign near the entrance to Canoe Passage
- then to a fishing boundary sign on Westham Island
- then following the westerly shoreline of Westham Island and Reifel Island to Pelly Point on Reifel Island
- then to Garry Point on Lulu Island
- then following the westerly shoreline of that island to the most northwesterly point of Lulu Island
- then to the most southwesterly point of Sea Island
- then following the westerly shoreline of that island to the Iona Island Road Causeway
- then following that causeway and continuing in a straight line in a northerly direction to a fishing boundary sign on the north shore of Iona Island
- then in a straight line in a northerly direction to a fishing boundary sign on the mainland.
- It also includes those waters of the Pitt River downstream of the CPR Bridge.
It is prohibited to use more than one line when sport fishing in the tidal waters of the Fraser River. While only one line per angler may be used, gear designed to catch a maximum of two fish at one time (bar rig) is permitted in this area, provided that two single barbless hooks are being used.
Salmon Limits, Openings & Closures
Tidal waters of the Fraser River (from the downstream edge of the CPR bridge at Mission to the mouth):
- One hour after sunset on Thursday, August 11, 2016 until further notice: No fishing for salmon.
- Combined daily limit for all salmon species from all waters: 4
- No retention of coho in the tidal waters of the Fraser River until mid-October.
- All salmon species: Sept. 19, 2016 - Oct. 7, 2016: The use of bait is prohibited.
- Oct. 8, 2016 - Dec. 31, 2016: 2 hatchery-marked coho per day
- Hatchery coho (marked): Coho salmon with a healed scar in place of the adipose fin.
|Species||Daily Limit||Size Limit||Possession Limit||Annual Limit||Season||Current status|
|Chinook||4||Only 1 over 62 cm.||8||10||Sept 19 - Dec 31 2016
|Chum||4||8||Sept 19 - Dec 31 2016
|Hatchery Coho (Marked)||2||4||Oct 8 - Dec 31 2016
Oct 8 - Dec 31 2016
|Sockeye||0||0||0||Sept 19 until further notice
- Date Modified: