Shelter Bay Rockfish Conservation Area
Description of current Rockfish Conservation Area boundary
Those waters of Subarea 12-13 that lie inside a line that:
|then following the northerly
shoreline of Robertson Island to
then southerly following the shoreline to the beginning point.
Proposed boundary change
- Extend western and southern portions of the boundary by up to 1.6 kilometres.
- Remove northwestern and southeastern portions of the boundary by up to 2.4 kilometres.
Reason(s) for proposed boundary change
- Increase amount of rockfish habitat protected in area.
- Capture habitat at deeper depths.
- Remove areas with small amount of rockfish habitat.
- Date modified: