Viscount Island Rockfish Conservation Area
Description of current Rockfish Conservation Area boundary
Those waters of Subareas 12-26 and 12-35 that lie inside a line that:
|then southerly following the
Viscount Island shoreline to
|then southerly following the shoreline to
|then easterly following the
shoreline of Viscount Island to
|then following the northerly
shoreline of Shewell Island to
|then through the Doctor Islets to
then northerly following the shoreline to the beginning point.
Proposed boundary change
- Extend portions of the southern boundary by up to 600 metres.
- Remove eastern portion of the boundary near Steep Head.
Reason(s) for proposed boundary change
- Increase amount of rockfish habitat protected in area.
- Capture complete habitat structures.
- Capture habitat at deeper depths.
- Remove areas with small amount of rockfish habitat.
- Date modified: