Thompson-Nicola (Region 3)
This table refers to fishing for salmon only. For information on other species please refer to the B.C. Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis.
There is no fishing for salmon in Region 3 except for the opportunities listed in the table below.
- Please read these regulations in conjunction with the B.C. Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis.
- Fishing for salmon in Region 3 is during daylight hours only.
- All retained chinook and sockeye must measure 30 cm or more from tip of nose to fork in tail.
- An "adult chinook" in Region 3 is defined as being a chinook over 50 cm in size (fork length).
- The total annual limit for chinook salmon (over 50 cm) is 10 from all fresh waters combined.
- No fishing is allowed within 100 meters of any government facility operated for counting, passing or rearing fish.
Salmon Limits, Openings and Closures
|Bridge River||All||Apr 01 to Mar 31||No fishing for salmon.|
|Clearwater River||All||Apr 01 to Mar 31||No fishing for salmon.|
|Fraser River||mainstem waters of the Fraser River||All||Apr 01 until further notice||No fishing for salmon|
|from the confluence of the Fraser/Seton River downstream to white triangle fishing boundary signs located on both sides of the river approximately 4 km downstream of the town of Lillooet.||All||Apr 01 until further notice||No fishing for salmon|
|Kamloops Lake||Chinook||Aug 28 to Sep 22||4 per day, only 1 over 50cm.|
|Sockeye||April 01 until further notice||No fishing for sockeye.|
|Little Shuswap Lake - see South Thompson River|
|South Thompson River||from the green can buoy near outlet of Little River, including Little Shuswap Lake, to the fishing boundary sign approximately 100 m downstream of Campbell Creek.||Chinook||Aug 16 to Sep 22||4 per day, only 2 over 50 cm. Monthly limit of 6 over 50 cm from the South Thompson River.|
|Sockeye||Apr 01 until further notice||No fishing for sockeye.|
|Thompson River||From Kamloops Lake outlet downstream to the fishing boundary signs just down stream of Gold Pan Provincial Park||Chinook||Apr 1 until further notice||No fishing for chinook.|
|Sockeye||Apr 1 until further notice||No fishing for sockeye.|
|From the white triangle fishing boundary signs just downstream of Gold Pan Provincial Park to the easterly border of the Skihist Ecological reserve along the Thompson River located at 50º15’N , 121º31’W, this is approximately 5 km northeast of Lytton at Skihist Park.||Chinook||Aug 28 to Sep 22||4 per day, none over 50 cm|
- Date modified: