Okanagan (Region 8)
This table refers to fishing for salmon only. For information on other species please refer to the B.C. Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis.
There is no fishing for salmon in Region 8 except for the opportunities listed in the table below.
- There is a monthly limit of 4 chinook over 50 cm in Region 8.
- Fishing for salmon in Region 8 is during daylight hours only.
- All retained chinook must measure 30 cm or more from tip of nose to fork in tail (fork length).
- An "adult chinook" in Region 8 is defined as a chinook being over 50 cm (fork length).
- The total annual limit for chinook salmon (over 50 cm) is 10 from all fresh waters combined.
- No fishing is allowed within 100 meters of any government facility operated for counting, passing or rearing fish.
Salmon Limits, Openings and Closures
|Mabel lake||Northerly of a line drawn from a white triangular fishing boundary sign situated at the northern edge of Mabel Lake Provincial Park to the prominent point of land on the western shore;south of white triangular fishing boundary signs located on opposite shores approximately 1 km from Wap Creek.||Chinook||Aug 16 to Sep 12||4 per day, only 2 over 50 cm.|
|Osoyoos Lake||In the waters in the portion of Osoyoos Lake (Region 8) north of the bridge at Highway No. 3 (North Basin)||Sockeye||July 31 until Sept 7||2 per day
|All||Sept 8 to Mar 31||No fishing for salmon
|Shuswap River||(middle) between Shuswap Falls and Mabel Lake except closed from the water survey station ( located at 50°19.105' N and 118°48.857' W) approximately 200m down stream of Shuswap Falls Hatchery to WTFB signs (located at 50°18.181' N and 118°49.105' W) one km down stream.||Chinook||Apr 01 to Mar 31||No fishing for chinook.|
|(lower) upstream from white triangular fishing boundary signs above Mara Bridge to Mabel Lake.||Chinook||Aug 16 to Sep 12||4 per day, only 2 over 50 cm.|
|(lower) 50 meters upstream of the Trinity Valley Road Bridge to 50 m downstream of the Trinity Valley Road Bridge.||Chinook||June 15 to Nov 15||No fishing for chinook.|
- Date modified: