Licensing information for the Yukon/Transboundary area

Recreational Licences

If you want to fish for salmon you must have a Salmon Conservation Catch Card.

Get your Salmon Conservation Catch Card online!

Fisheries and Oceans Canada in Whitehorse is one of the vendors that issues Yukon angling licences on behalf of Environment Yukon. These licences can be purchased at our front counter Monday to Friday from 8am - 12 noon and 1pm to 4:30pm (Please call for current pricing).

Fisheries and Oceans Canada
100-419 Range Road
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 3V1
Toll free line: 1-866-676-6722

For more information please refer to the Recreational Fishing section.

More information on the Yukon Angling Licence including fees (external site)

Commercial Licences

Commercial salmon fishing in Northern British Columbia and the Yukon is administered by Fisheries and Oceans Canada in Whitehorse. Commercial Salmon Licences for the Stikine and Taku rivers in British Columbia and the Yukon River in the Yukon Territory are issued annually to licence holders.

Fisher Registration Cards (FRC) can be purchased from the Whitehorse office for commercial fishing in British Columbia. A Fisher Registration Card is required for all persons 16 years of age and over that are on board a commercial fishing vessel in BC. FRC applicants must be either a Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant or have either a Work Permit or Refugee Status. First time FRC applicants must provide two pieces of identification one of which must be a primary identification document.

For more information please visit the Pacific Region Licensing page.

Other licensing information: Authorization of fish collection for Scientific, Educational or Public Display Purposes