Language selection


Pacific Region fishing licences

On this page

Recreational licences

Commercial licences

Aboriginal communal fishing licences

To provide for the harvest of fish for food, social or ceremonial (FSC) purposes and related activities, the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans issues communal fishing licences under the Aboriginal Communal Fishing Licences Regulations to Aboriginal groups. Communal fishing licences may specify fishing area, times, species, allocations, methods or other restrictions.

Only an individual who has been designated by an Aboriginal group may harvest fish for FSC purposes under the terms of the Aboriginal group's communal fishing licence.

AFS agreements contain other information related to the management of FSC fisheries and the issuance of communal fishing licences.

Aquaculture licences

While licences for aquaculture operations in B.C. are now issued by Fisheries and Oceans Canada, the provincial government and other federal departments continue to play a role in the licensing process. Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Transport Canada and the Province of B.C. have joined together to develop a single harmonized aquaculture application. The required forms for new sites, or amendments to existing sites for freshwater, shellfish or marine finfish aquaculture operations are available through FrontCounterBC or by calling toll free 1-877-855-3222.

Scientific and special purpose licences

Licence renewal fees

Contact us

Note: All licensing requests must be submitted through the National Online Licensing System (NOLS).

For further licensing inquiries, please contact us:


Date modified: