Pacific Region fishing licences
On this page
- Recreational fishing licences
- Commercial fishing licences
- Aboriginal communal licences
- Aquaculture licences
- Scientific and special purpose licences
- Statistical information about licences
- Contact us
- Recreational licensing information
- Apply for a BC Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licence for saltwater fishing
- Apply for a BC Non-Tidal Angling Licence for freshwater fishing, issued by the Province of British Columbia
- Get a Yukon salmon conservation catch card
- Licence and information about freshwater fishing in the Yukon
- Information on the Halibut experimental recreational fishery program to allow the licence holder to lease halibut quota from the commercial sector for use in the recreational fishery.
- Commercial licensing forms
- National Online Licensing System (NOLS)
- Information on getting your Fisher Registration Card and quota information
Aboriginal communal fishing licences
To provide for the harvest of fish for food, social or ceremonial (FSC) purposes and related activities, the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans issues communal fishing licences under the Aboriginal Communal Fishing Licences Regulations to Aboriginal groups. Communal fishing licences may specify fishing area, times, species, allocations, methods or other restrictions.
Only an individual who has been designated by an Aboriginal group may harvest fish for FSC purposes under the terms of the Aboriginal group's communal fishing licence.
AFS agreements contain other information related to the management of FSC fisheries and the issuance of communal fishing licences.
While licences for aquaculture operations in B.C. are now issued by Fisheries and Oceans Canada, the provincial government and other federal departments continue to play a role in the licensing process. Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Transport Canada and the Province of B.C. have joined together to develop a single harmonized aquaculture application. The required forms for new sites, or amendments to existing sites for freshwater, shellfish or marine finfish aquaculture operations are available through FrontCounterBC or by calling toll free 1-877-855-3222.
Scientific and special purpose licences
- Scientific Licences for Marine Fish Research (marine, freshwater or Management of Contaminated Fisheries Regulations [MCFR])
- SARA permits
Looking for statistical information about licences?
- View statistical data about recreational, aquaculture and commercial licences, including the Licensed Fishing Vessel Directory (VRN system)
Note: All licensing requests must now be submitted through the National Online Licensing System (NOLS).
For further licensing inquiries, please contact us:
- Date modified: