Map of management measures in Swiftsure Bank to support Southern Resident killer whale recovery
Release date: April 2023
- Jun 1 to Nov 30: Vessel speed limited to no more than 10 knots (with some exceptions) in the Speed Restricted Zones located in portions of Subareas 21-0, 121-1 and 121-2
- Until Oct 31: No recreational or commercial fishing for salmon in portion of Subareas 121-1, 121-2 and 21-0. Closure start date to be communicated in June
Rockfish Conservation Areas (RCAs) are established throughout the BC coast. Within RCAs, inshore rockfish are protected from mortality associated with recreational and commercial fisheries.
For more information on what activities are permitted within RCAs, please visit the Rockfish Conservation Areas website.
- Management measures to protect Southern Resident killer whales
- Map overview of management measures to support Southern Resident killer whales
- Map of management measures in the Mouth of the Fraser River
- Map of management measures in the Gulf Islands
- Map of management measures in the Juan de Fuca
- Date modified: