North Coast fisheries
The North Coast Area includes tidal waters stretching from the Alaskan boundary in the north to Cape Caution in the south and incorporates the non-tidal waters that flow into this area. This includes Pacific Fishery Management Areas 1 to 10 and offshore waters plus portions of freshwater Regions 5 and 6.
- Meziadin fishway
- Nass River fishwheels
- Docee River counting fence
- Babine River counting fence
- Kitwanga River Salmon enumeration facility
Recreational fisheries information for the North Coast may be accessed through the BC Sport Fishing area of our website.
Commercial and test fisheries
- Salmon: Weekly updates throughout the salmon season are sent out by North Coast Resource Management staff. If you wish to receive these weekly updates please contact Jeffrey Radford at Jeffrey.Radford@dfo-mpo.gc.ca. For official Fishery Notices please visit our Fishery Notices site where you can register to receive Fishery Notices by e-mail.
- Skeena Tyee Test Fishery
- Commercial salmon licensing documents
- Commercial catch statistics
- Date modified: